Today marks the conclusion of Turning Point USA’s (TPUSA) four-day conference dubbed “AmericaFest” where extremism, racism, and election denial took center stage. The hard-right group attracted the likes of speakers including Sen. Josh Hawley, Reps. Matt Gaetz, Lauren Boebert, Byron Donalds, and Reps.-elect Harriet Hageman, Anna Paulina Luna.
In response, Accountable.US released a new report exposing TPUSA’s long track record of spreading extreme and racist rhetoric, supporting election deniers, and playing a key role in planning the rally that directly preceded the January 6th Insurrection.
The fact that six Members of Congress would share a stage with conspiracy theorists, grifters, election deniers, and outright insurrection supporters is a clear sign of right-wing extremism’s growing power in our institutions. Make no mistake, when a group like TPUSA and their fringe agenda becomes mainstreamed by elected leaders, it poses an extensional threat to our Democracy.”
Kayla Hancock, Director of Power And Influence Program
- TPUSA’s 501(C)(4) arm, Turning Point Action, was a key planner of the rally preceding the January 6th Capitol Riot.
- Prior to the Capitol Riot, TPUSA helped organize early #StopTheSteal protests, and its leader Charlie Kirk used his platform to deny that Trump lost the election.
- A prominent TPUSA contributor who hosts a recurring media program for the group was an early promoter of the #PizzaGate conspiracy theory and is connected to interviews with a Polish neo-facist organization and other white nationalists.
- TPUSA’S President Charlie Kirk is a promoter of the “cultural Marxism” conspiracy theory, which has been deemed anti-semitic by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Numerous TPUSA staffers, including Candance Owens, were forced out of the organization for hateful or racially insensitive comments.
- TPUSA’s 501(C)(4) arm was accused of FEC violations during the 2020 election for improperly disclosing campaign finance activity.
- TPUSA was accused of violating its nonprofit status by coordinating directly with Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio’s 2016 presidential campaigns on behalf of Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.