Donors Trust — also known as the right-wing “dark money ATM” — continues to bankroll radical right-wing groups in Leonard Leo’s network and beyond, to the tune of millions. Donors Trust has become infamous as a massive war chest for the far-right’s extreme causes,” said Accountable.US president Caroline Ciccone.
Key findings from DonorsTrust’s 2022 990:
- DonorsTrust’s total giving grew by a whopping 29%.
- The organization gave nearly $4.3 million to the Leo-linked Federalist Society, up from the previous year.
- DonorsTrust gave over $3 million to the Leo-led Teneo Network, known as a secretive organization working to push an extremist agenda on a national scale.
- DonorsTrust continued to give big to Leo’s network, including the Becket Fund, The 85 Fund, the Foundation for Government Accountability, and over $9 million to Consumers’ Research – making it their third largest grant.
- DonorsTrust gave over $630,000 to the Alliance Defending Freedom – a Southern Poverty Law Center-designated hate group.
- The group funneled millions more into key conservative groups, including the American Enterprise Institute and America First Legal.
View the 2022 form HERE.