Washington, DC – Today, Patients Over Pharma called on the Trump Administration to immediately release the Office of Government Ethics (OGE) financial disclosures of members of the Coronavirus Task Force so that people across the country can see if there are any additional pharmaceutical industry-related conflicts of interest that could impact the federal government’s coronavirus response.
“We know that there are members of the Coronavirus Task Force with clear conflicts of interest and pro-pharma biases, like Secretary Azar and Director Grogan, and we believe that they should be removed from the coronavirus response effort,” said Eli Zupnick, spokesman for Patients Over Pharma. “But the public has the right to know if other members of the task force have conflicts of interest that could impact their coronavirus response work at a moment when we need to be able to trust that they are putting public health above all else. We call on the Trump Administration to post the financial disclosures of every member of the Coronavirus Task Force whose filings are not currently available online, and to do so as quickly as possible.”
- Stephen Hahn, FDA Commissioner
- Jerome Adams, Surgeon General
- Larry Kudlow, Director of National Economic Council
- Deborah Birx, Coronavirus Response Coordinator
- Robert O’Brien, Assistant to President for National Security Affairs
- Robert Redfield, CDC Director
- Anthony Fauci, Director of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Ken Cuccinelli, Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security
- Joel Szabat, Under Secretary for Policy at Department of Transportation
- Matthew Pottinger, Assistant to President and Deputy National Security Advisor
- Rob Blair, Assistant to President and Senior Advisor to the Chief of Staff
Last month, Patients Over Pharma filed a Freedom of Information Act request for any documents related to Secretary Alex Azar’s coronavirus response work on the heels of his comments that the Administration wouldn’t take steps to ensure that Big Pharma makes coronavirus vaccines and treatments affordable and accessible to every American.